Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Lying on your back knitting is the height of sophistication...

This weekend I threw out my back. This is not the first time. Actually, its the third time in about 9 months. So, I haven't been able to do much of anything this weekend. Except of course some knitting. And some vicodin. The knitting went better than the vicodin. Now you can see!



Sorry about the Welcome to my Chest shot, but its kind of a busty top. And its tough to take these self portraits. You know.

Pattern: Ms. Marigold by the Zephyr Gals
Yarn: 2 and a little bit more of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece
Color: Jungle Green #460
Needles: 32" Addi Naturas size 5 and 32" Addi Turbos size 3 for the ribbing
Size: 38" Bust
Changes: I didn't crochet the ruffles since I still haven't learned how to. I kept the stitches live when you are supposed to cast-off. Then I knit into each stitch 3 times (k1,kbl,k1). Then I purled 1 row, then knit the next 3 rows and cast off knitwise. This little bit of garter stitch gave some textured interest and also stopped it from curling up to much.
I also increased the 10 stitches you cast on when joining the work in the round. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't have increased those. But I'm very happy with the sleeves.

I love this pattern. I think this is the first knit I really like and like on me. I'm not usually a ruffle type, but I love the girliness inherent in them. Overall I'd have to give this pattern a big thumbs up.

UPDATE: I started this post this morning all excited I threw on the tank as soon as I got my last end in and instantly loved it. So, I just tried it on again and really looked at it. Well, um, there's a mistake. Somehow I knit too many rows on the right side, so my left side is shorter than the right. Its enough of a problem that I'm going to have to undo half of it and fix it. Its funny though I'm not really that upset about it. Knowing I'm really going to wear this tank a lot makes me want to fix it and not get hung up in repeating half of the process. I'm off to a redo. Once I get it fixed and done I'll get a good shot on a dressform.

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

6 Comments:

At June 13, 2006 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! It looks fabulous, what a great job and I love that you did a knit ruffle, so clever! You chose an amazing color and the cotton fleece worked up just divine. It looks soooo good on you, YAY!

 
At June 13, 2006 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! Nice job, although I am curious how the mistake manifested itself. It's not obvious in the photo. I love that yarn.

p.s. the letters i have to type in for authentication are "whovy"

 
At June 13, 2006 6:29 PM, Blogger B's Momma said...

I love the green ! Beautiful Job !

 
At June 13, 2006 6:58 PM, Blogger carrie said...

oh it looks great! i lurve lurve lurve that color, and your sleeves look darling. nice work!

 
At June 13, 2006 7:28 PM, Blogger Erica Bunker said...

So pretty! This is the second one today! I'm so inspired!

 
At June 14, 2006 7:40 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oooooh, pretty. I love the color and the ruffles. Must.... resist... buying... pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum